We recognise the importance of our duty to protect our environment.
Environmental and Sustainability Policy
John Venn & Sons recognises the importance of our duty to protect our environment.
Our general policy is:
- To prevent pollution and minimise waste, emissions, and consumption of resources (materials, fuel, water and energy). Unavoidable waste is, where possible, recycled or disposed of responsibly.
- To foster a sense of responsibility for the environment amongst employees by the provision of information and training.
- To assess, monitor and where possible reduce the impact of our activities on the local and general environment.
- To take account of the environmental impact of all raw materials, packaging and processes and wherever possible take steps to minimize this through strategic evaluation and planning.
- To maintain systems to set and monitor objectives and targets; identify deviations from the stated policy and implement appropriate corrective action.
- To advise clients and other interested parties, where appropriate, on the best environmental practices associated with the storage, use and disposal of the firm’s products.
- To ensure that all members of staff and our sub-contractors, act in accordance with this policy
- To strive continually to improve our environmental performance and prevent pollution
- To use recycled products and materials wherever environmentally and commercially viable.
- To comply with all relevant Environmental Legislation which relates to its environmental aspects.
- To make this policy available to our Clients and continue to communicate this policy with our staff.